Characteristics of hydrocolloid dressings
The hydrocolloid dressing is a dressing containing sodium carboxymethyl cellulose (CMC). The layer in contact with the wound is composed of pectin, gelatin and CMC, and the outer layer is a polyurethane film. When the hydrocolloid is in contact with the wound surface, the hydrocolloid component is in contact with the exudate, absorbs water and begins to expand into a gel, providing a moist healing environment for the wound surface. Principles of promoting wound healing.
1. Provides a moist healing environment
2. A slightly acidic environment can be formed, which is beneficial to the scab removal of enzymes.
3. Provide a layer of thermal insulation for the wound, so that the temperature of the wound is close to the body temperature.
4. The formation of a hypoxic environment on the wound surface can promote the formation of capillaries and granulation tissue.
Features 1. Breathable and waterproof.
2. Seal the wound to prevent bacterial invasion.
3. There are different thicknesses and shapes, thinner hydrocolloids have good compliance and can adapt to different anatomical parts of the body.
4. After absorbing the exudate, the dressing can be seen to be white and swollen, which is convenient for evaluating the frequency of dressing replacement.
5. The wound may produce an odor after use, which may be smelled when the dressing is removed.
6. After contact with the wound, a gel-like substance is formed, which is often mistaken for wound infection.
7. Some hydrocolloid products also have a grid design, which is convenient for recording changes in wound size.
8. Some products are transparent in appearance, and the wound condition can be directly observed.
9. Some products are easy to curl.
Post time: May-08-2022